Within the Study, a number of activities have been implemented, and the first refers to the analysis of the tourism and hotel-catering activity and the GDP of the Republic of Macedonia, on the basis of which an approximate development projection has been approached. As it was not possible to obtain relevance through secondary research alone, it was necessary to carry out primary research, which was of a field nature. In that direction, a survey was conducted on a representative sample of visitors in the Region, and in addition a special questionnaire was prepared for the representatives of the sector and the municipalities. Based on the summarized results, an Action plan has been prepared with the Study. The study was translated into English and presented to the Council for development of the Southwest planning region during November 2013. The project is funded through the Programs for balanced regional development of the Ministry of local self-government and the Bureau for regional development for 2013.
– 15 working meetings of the expert team;
– A working meeting with representatives of LED offices;
– A working meeting with the mayors of the Region;
– Developed a questionnaire for a survey of visitors to the region;
– Conducted a survey on a representative sample of visitors to the Region;
– Prepared a questionnaire for a survey with representatives of LED offices and representatives of the hotel and catering sector;
– Conducted a survey with representatives of LED offices, hotels, restaurants agencies;
– Database of the realized survey;
– A public presentation of the working version of the Study;
– Prepared Study on tourism potentials;
– Translation, proofreading of the English version of the Study;
– Printed version of the Study in macedonian language.